Yuval Noah Harari
Historian, philosopher and best-selling author of "Sapiens", "Homo Deus" and "21 Lessons for the 21st Century"Biography:
Yuval Noah Harari is a historian, philosopher, and the bestselling author of Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow, 21 Lessons for the 21st Century, and Sapiens: A Graphic History. He is currently a lecturer at the Department of History in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Harari has become one of the world's most influential thinkers in recent years. His non-fiction bestsellers "Sapiens. A Brief History of Humanity" and "Homo Deus. A Brief History of the Future" has sold more than 30 million copies combined, and his predictions are followed by the leading visionaries of Silicon Valley.
In 2019, following the international success of his books, Yuval Noah Harari co-founded Sapienship, a social impact company with projects in the fields of entertainment and education, whose main goal is to focus the public conversation on the most important global challenges facing the world today.Achievements:
The speaker talks about:
- Harari twice won the Polonsky Prize for "Creativity and Originality", in 2009 and 2012. In 2011, he won the Society for Military History's Moncado Award for outstanding articles in military history. In 2012, he was elected to the Young Israeli Academy of Sciences.
- The book Sapiens was in the top 3 of The New York Times Best Seller list for 96 consecutive weeks. In 2018, Harari gave the first TED Talk as a digital avatar.
- In 2017, Homo Deus won Handelsblatt's German Economic Book Award for the most thoughtful and influential economic book of the year.
- In 2018 and 2020, Harari spoke at the World Economic Forum annual conference in Davos.
What can we learn from the history of the future? Through his talks, historian Yuval Harari takes us on a journey, revealing to us the mysteries of human nature, history and opening up the curtain of the future. He provides answers to the questions "What must we face?", "What is really happening?" and "What is worth paying close attention to?" Speaking about the future of humanity, the development and impact of science and religion, and touching on politics and economics, Harari gives not only a clear insight into the future as a qualified historian, but also a reminder of the past, which should always be kept in mind.Keynote Speaker Programs:
- The most Important skills for the future of work
- What ethical issues do science and technology raise in the 21st century?
- The challenges of the present and the possibility of imagining a future for all of humanity
- The incredible story of humankind
- What is the connection between history and biology?
- What is the essential difference between Homo sapiens and other animals?
- Is there justice in history?
- Does history have a direction?
- Did people become happier when the story unfolded?